On May 20, 2014, the Clackamas County SWCD Board of Directors adopted a budget for fiscal year 2014-2015. The adopted budget maintains a high level of investments in on-the-ground conservation actions, expands the District’s WeedWise program, and creates a new fund for the long-term conservation of important farms, fields, and forests in Clackamas County.
The Board of Directors also increased the property tax levy rate by two percent to provide expanded benefits to the people and natural resources of Clackamas County. The current property tax levy rate is 4.9 cents per thousand dollars of assessed property value, and the rate set by the Board of Directors for July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015 is 5.0 cents per thousand. The 5.0-cent rate is the maximum rate the District can levy to provide programs and services to nearly 400,000 people throughout Clackamas County.
- December 2013: Budget preparation began.
- February 18, 2014: The Budget Committee was appointed.
- March 28, 2014: The first proposed budget was released by the Budget Officer.
- April 2, 2014: Budget Committee met to hear the budget message and receive the proposed budget.
- April 5, 2014: Request for public comments posted to the District’s website.
- April 23, 2014: Budget Committee approved the revised budget proposal.
- May 20, 2014: Public hearing held.
- May 20, 2014: Board of Directors adopted the FY 2014-2015 budget.
Please contact District Manager Tom Salzer if you have questions about the District’s adopted budget or the budgeting process.
Download the adopted budget:
Download any FY 2013-2014 budget documents: