Based on updated information about projected tax revenue for fiscal year 2017-2018 (July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018), and using guidance from the first Budget Committee meeting, a revised budget proposal has been prepared.
Few revisions were made to the first proposed budget. Changes made to the revised proposed budget include:
- Equipment rental income increases to $2,000.
- A more current tax revenue projection increases projected revenue from taxes by $1,306.
- The additional revenue from equipment rental and taxes is transferred to the Working Lands Legacy Fund.
Second Budget Committee meeting
The Budget Committee will meet on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 2:30 pm in the District’s conference room. This is a public meeting and the Committee will receive public comment at that time. You may also submit comments in writing to Budget Officer Tom Salzer by noon on Tuesday, April 25.
Budget Committee duties
The Budget Committee performs several duties:
- Receives the budget document.
- Hears the budget message.
- Considers public comment.
- Discusses and revises the budget as needed.
- Approves the budget.
- Approves the property taxes to be levied.
At the first meeting, the Committee received the budget document and heard the budget message. At the second meeting, the Committee will hear public comment (if any), discuss and revise the budget as needed, approve the budget, and approve the property taxes to be levied.
Download fiscal year 2017-2018 budget documents below.