Registration for Small Farm School 2022 is now open. Click here to register!
Small Farm School is a one-day educational event for beginning and intermediate small-scale farmers and rural land stewards. This year is the 11th anniversary of Small Farm School. This year, Small Farm School 2022 will host in-person sessions at Clackamas Community College on Monday, September 12th.
- Registration (Aug 4– Aug 31): $80
- Late registration (Sept 1 – Sept 8) – $100
- Scholarships available for veterans, black/indigenous and other farmers of color
Topics for Small Farm School Excite and Inspire
This year, Small Farm School 2022 is offering 16 sessions. Sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Funding Your Small Farm Dream
- Natural Disaster Response and Preparedness on the Farm
- Soil Health Principles and Field Evaluations
- Dry Farming in Western Oregon
- Body Care and Ergonomics for Farmers
Who Should Attend Small Farm School?
Small Farm School attendees include beginning AND experienced farmers and small acreage landowners. Session topics change each year, so if you have attended in the past, join us again! There is always something new to learn.
Keep up to date and learn more about this year’s offerings by following Small Farm School on Facebook!
Discounted Registrations for Small Farm School 2022
Discounted registrations are available for students and participants of farm education programs. Please send an email here to request a discounted registration.
Full scholarships for Oregon Veteran farmers and Black, Indigenous and other farmers of color are available from the support of the East and West Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation Districts and other sponsors. Please send an email here to request a scholarship.
Ask the Experts
Each year, Small Farm School brings together a terrific team of experts who serve as resources to workshop participants. Check out videos of some of our favorite experts. Experts represent topics which include:
- Water Rights
- Food Preservation
- Farmers Markets
- Stress Management
- Organic Farming and certification
- Food Safety and Production
- Small Farm Purchase and Financing
- And more!