On January 19, 2021, the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD) held a public hearing to receive public comments about a proposed supplemental budget for the current fiscal year 2020-2021. Following the hearing, the Clackamas SWCD Board of Directors adopted the supplemental budget.
The supplemental budget was developed to both accept and appropriate funds to make pressing and unanticipated capital improvements in our office facility to prepare space for lease to a federal lessor. Additionally, the Conservation Grants Fund and the General Fund have been awarded unexpected grant funds to perform work this fiscal year and the resources of each Fund have been updated to reflect unanticipated increases and reductions in beginning fund balances, receivables, and inter-fund transfers that were not known at the time the budget was adopted.
FY 2020-21 CSWCD Supplemental Budget – Adopted January 19, 2021
Summary of Changes to the Budget
General Fund: Increased by $298,577. Revised total $4,337,296.
- Resources: Increased. Unforeseen greater beginning fund balance than was budgeted. Increases in revenue (overall grants, support from partner agencies, and lease revenue). Reductions in transfers from the Conservation Loans Fund and the Working Lands Legacy Fund.
- Requirements: Increased. Increases in expenditures in the District Operations, WeedWise, and Outreach/Education departments. Reductions in expenditures in the Conservation Planning department. In “Not allocated,” increases in special payments expenditures and in funds reserved for future expenditure, and reduction in transfers to other Funds.
- Property taxes: Remain the same as originally budgeted.
Conservation Grants Fund: Increased by $72,690. Revised total $565,880.
- Resources: Increased. Unforeseen increase in beginning fund balance and in grant revenue. Transfers from the General Fund are reduced.
- Requirements: Increased. Changes to the resources allow Conservation Planning Dept. and WeedWise Dept. expenditures to be increased to meet program needs.
Conservation Loans Fund: Reduced by $54,675. Revised total $615,781.
- Resources: Reduced. Unforeseen reductions in beginning fund balance and in loan repayments from borrowers.
- Requirements: Reduced. Loans made to borrowers are unchanged. Debt service (repayment of DEQ CWSRF loan) is increased. Transfers to the General Fund is reduced.
Working Lands Legacy Fund: Reduced by $18,524. Revised total $106,463.
- Resources: Reduced. Lower beginning fund balance and interest receipts than anticipated.
- Requirements: Reduced. Transfer to General Fund reduced to $0. Slight increase in reserves for future expenditure.
Building Reserve Fund: Reduced by $10,592. Revised total $17,408.
- Resources: Reduced. Lower beginning fund balance than anticipated.
- Requirements: Reduced. Reduction in expenditures for capital outlay.