NEW DATES! Please note that the dates for the Succession Planning Workshop have changed.
Registration is now open for the 2020 Farm and Ranch Succession Planning Workshop Series!
Are you concerned about the high costs of the Oregon estate tax? Are you unsure who will take over your farm? Are you trying to identify a farm and business transition plan for family members?
It’s never too early to start planning for your farm’s future, and we’re here to help with this free resource from a leading national expert. East Multnomah and Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation Districts invite you to attend a free Farm and Ranch Succession Planning workshop series. Participants in the series will also receive one on one personalized counseling at no cost.
The farm succession planning workshop series helped us create an important road map for the future of our family farm. -Don, Rosie & Travis Sturm, 2019 Farm Succession Planning Workshop Participants
Register Today for the 4-Part Series
- When: January 29th, February 12th & 26th, March 11th
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., with a complimentary light lunch provided at 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Multnomah Grange, 30639 SE Bluff Road, Boring
- Cost: Free!
- Registration: Kathryn Nishimoto at (503) 594-0738, [email protected]
- Questions: Diana Tourney at (503) 594-0732
Registration is limited to 50 participants, so secure a spot for you and your family members today. For the convenience of workshop attendees, these sessions will be available both in a live classroom setting as well as through virtual media.
Succession Planning Workshop Overview
Workshop 1: Overview of Farm Succession Planning, Wednesday, January 29th
- Why plan for succession? Research from Portland State Univeristy and Oregon State University
- Overview of estate planning and options
Workshop 2: Goal Setting for You and Your Family, Wednesday, February 12th
- Communicating strategies and goal setting
- Learn from self-analysis
- Navigating the equity issue among heirs and key employees
Workshop 3: Getting Organized, Wednesday, February 26th
- Organizing your business entity – the best structure
- Organizing your finances
- Operational considerations
- Minimizing estate tax
Workshop 4: Passing on Management Roles, Wednesday, March 11th
- Preparing the business for transition of all roles
- How to work with your family to pass on the business (estate vs. will)
- Easements as a succession tool