On April 25, 2017, the Budget Committee for the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District met for the second time this year.
At this meeting, the Committee completed four required duties:
- Consider public comment
- Discuss/revise the budget as needed
- Approve the budget
- Approve the property taxes to be levied
The Committee revised the proposed budget and then approved the budget and the tax levy rate for fiscal year 2017-2018.
- Income from equipment rental was added to the budget.
- Projected tax revenue was adjusted slightly based on information received from the Clackamas County Assessor.
- These additional revenues were transferred into the Working Lands Legacy Fund budget.
- The tax levy rate approved by the Committee was 5 cents per $1,000 of assessed value of real property.
The Board of Directors will hold a public hearing on May 23, 2017 and then will adopt, or revise and adopt, the approved budget.
Because the District receives a voter-approved property tax levy, it is required to follow Oregon Local Budget Law in the development, approval, and adoption of the annual budget.