On June 14, 2016, the Clackamas SWCD Board of Directors adopted a budget for fiscal year 2016-2017 (July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017). The adopted budget maintains a high level of investment in on-the-ground conservation actions and continues our work on controlling invasive species in Clackamas County.
New fund for loans
With the increased use of loans to help fund some conservation practices, the budget separates conservation loans from conservation grants. The new budget tracks resources and requirements for loans in a separate fund.
Property tax rate
The Board of Directors also maintained the property tax levy rate at the same rate as in FY 2015-2016. The current property tax levy rate is 5.0 cents per thousand dollars of assessed property value. The 5.0-cent rate is the maximum rate the District can levy to provide programs and services to nearly 400,000 people throughout Clackamas County.
- December 2015: Budget preparation began.
- January 19, 2016: The Budget Committee was appointed by the Board of Directors.
- March 22, 2016: The first proposed budget was received by the Budget Committee at their first meeting for this budget cycle.
- April 26, 2016: The Budget Committee modified and approved a revised budget proposal.
- June 14, 2016: Public hearing held.
- June 14, 2016: Board of Directors adopted the FY 2016-2017 budget.
Please contact General Manager Tom Salzer if you have questions about the District’s adopted budget or the budgeting process.
Download the adopted budget below.
Download FY 2016-2017 budget documents: