Registration for Small Farm School 2023 is now open. Click here to register!
Small Farm School is a one-day educational event for beginning and intermediate small-scale farmers and rural land stewards. This year is the 12th anniversary of Small Farm School. Small Farm School 2023 will be held at Clackamas Community College on Wednesday, September 13th.
- Registration (Aug 2– Aug 30): $80
- Late registration (Aug 31 – Sept 8) – $100
- Scholarships available for Veterans, Black/Indigenous and other farmers of color
Topics for Small Farm School Excite and Inspire
This year, Small Farm School 2023 is offering 27 sessions. Sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Reducing Post-harvest Losses from Harvest to Market
- Season Extension and Winter Vegetable Production
- Enhancing Beneficial Insects with On-Farm Habitat
- Growing Grains and Pulses in the Willamette Valley
- Rethinking Ruminant Internal Parasite Management
Who Should Attend Small Farm School?
Small Farm School attendees include beginning AND experienced farmers and small acreage landowners. Session topics change each year, so if you have attended in the past, join us again! There is always something new to learn.
Keep up to date and learn more about this year’s offerings by following Small Farm School on Facebook!
Discounted Registrations for Small Farm School 2023
Discounted registrations are available for students and participants of farm education programs. Please send an email here to request a discounted registration.
Full scholarships for Oregon Veteran farmers and Black, Indigenous and other farmers of color are available from the support of the East and West Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation Districts and other sponsors. Please send an email here to request a scholarship.
Experts and Exhibitors
Each year, Small Farm School brings together a terrific team of experts and exhibitors who serve as resources to workshop participants. Check out videos of some of our favorite experts from past years. We’ll have representatives from:
- Several area Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Oregon Agricultural Trust
- Concentrates Organic Agricultural Specialists
- Friends of Family Farmers
- Oregon Water Resources Department
- OSU Extention
- Small Farm Purchase and Financing
- And more!
Small Farm School Partners
This event is hosted by OSU Extension, Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District, Clackamas Community College, Rogue Farm Corps, Marion Soil and Water Conservation District, Black Food Sovereignty Coalition, and Friends of Family Farmers.