The Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District (CSWCD) is committed to supporting local students who care about our natural resources and wish to promote conservation, impacting future natural resource decisions. The District is pleased to announce our scholarship offering for the 2020-21 school-year. Two $3,000 scholarships are offered to college students majoring in the field of agriculture, natural resource science, or a related discipline.
Why Offer Scholarships?
Clackamas County ranks in the top five Oregon counties in agricultural sales. It is also known for its abundance of natural resources, including popular recreation areas, and is a drinking water source for the Portland metropolitan area. With the cost of education skyrocketing, the CSWCD Board of Directors feels strongly about providing financial resources to help support future conservation professionals.
Who is Eligible?
- Applicants must be a graduate of a Clackamas County high school or a current resident of Clackamas County
- Applicant must be at the sophomore level or above (sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student) working toward an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree
- Applicant must be a full-time college student (12 hours or more per quarter or semester equivalent) studying agriculture, natural resource sciences, or a realted field (i.e. horticulture, etc.)
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
- Previous recipients may re-apply for the scholarship annually
How do I apply for the 2020 Scholarship?
To apply for this scholarship, download the information sheet, checklist, and application form below. A paper copy may be obtained by contacting the District office at 503-210-6000.
What is the timeline?
Applications must be received by the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District staff at 22055 S. Beavercreek Rd., Beavercreek, OR 97004 (Mailing address: Clackamas SWCD, P.O. Box 830, Beavercreek, OR 97004) on or before April 3, 2020. Applications may be emailed to [email protected]. For those hand delivering, the deadline is at 4:30 p.m. on April 3, 2020.
When will the winners be announced?
The scholarship recipients will be approved at the April or May CSWCD Board meeting. Recipients will be notified immediately following the board decision and may be asked to attend the June board meeting.