The Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District is pleased to offer local students two $3,000 scholarships for the 2018-19 school year!
Who is Eligible?
- Students must be a graduate of a Clackamas County high school or a current resident of Clackamas County
- Applicant must be at the sophomore level or above (sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student) working toward an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree
- Applicant must be a full-time college student (12 hours or more per quarter or semester equivalent) studying agriculture, natural resource sciences, or a related field (i.e. horticulture, etc.)
- Applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0
- Previous recipients may reapply for the scholarship annually
The scholarship money may be used toward earning an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree. Applicants must have completed their freshman year and will be considered a sophomore or higher in fall 2018 to be eligible for the award.
Why Offer Scholarships?
Clackamas County is ranked fourth in agricultural sales in the state of Oregon. It is also known for its abundance of natural resources, including popular recreation areas and drinking water source for the Portland metropolitan area. For this reason, the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District (CSWCD) is committed to supporting local students who care about our natural resources and wish to promote conservation, impacting future natural resource decisions.
Our goal is to assist college students majoring in the fields of agriculture (including horticulture), natural resource science, or a related discipline. With the cost of education skyrocketing, the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District board feels strongly about providing financial resources to help support future conservation professionals.
Over the last six years the District has offered nearly $30,000 in scholarships to local students. Previous applicants used their scholarship to pursue studies in engineering, veterinary medicine, and agriculture. Our recipients attended local community colleges as well as four-year colleges and universities. We encourage students to apply for these scholarships!
Download application material below. (Open with Adobe Reader to access fillable form.)
Applications must be received by April 6, 2018 at 4:30 p.m. Do not miss this great opportunity!