Join our organization as a Conservation Specialist!
Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District is offering an opportunity for a conservation professional to join us for a career in land conservation. We are looking for individuals who want to apply their passion for the land in rural Clackamas County. Our goal is to create a high-quality job experience for a conservation-minded leader.
This is a limited-duration, grant-funded position lasting two years with the possibility of renewal contingent on future grant awards.
Successful applicants will:
- Demonstrate an existing passion for a conservation career. Have knowledge of conservation practices applicable to small farms and rural residential properties for the conservation of natural resources.
- Engage with small farm owners and rural residential property owners.
- Provide service without discrimination according to District and USDA
- Demonstrate knowledge of the collection of field data and maintaining field notes.
- Possess the ability to learn about and identify native plants and apply skills to place, install and maintain them.
- Possess the ability to learn the District’s planning tools and processes to develop conservation plans that address common resource issues.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Possess a willingness to collaborate with a team.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and the ability to work independently as training progresses.
- Provide superior customer service to the public, landowners, partners, and CSWCD staff.
- Hold knowledge of the Natural Resource Conservation Service’s nine-step planning process (desired).
The Conservation Specialist evaluates natural resources (soil, water, animals, plants, and wildlife) on rural properties. They provide planning and technical assistance to individual landowners for the successful development and installation of conservation practices to conserve natural resources. The person in this position is an integral member of the District’s conservation planning team. The Conservation Specialist is expected to provide superior customer service and behave in a professional manner.
Join the Clackamas SWCD Team!
Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District is a regional leader in conserving natural resources in Oregon. The District offers a competitive wage schedule and an excellent benefits package. The office is located in the Hamlet of Beavercreek, Oregon which is just 5 miles south of Oregon City.
Oregon City is the county seat of Clackamas County. It is an area rich in history as the end of the Oregon Trail and the state’s original capital. We are located near the southern limits of metropolitan Portland. This area is home to a wide diversity of high-quality outdoor recreation opportunities. We also enjoy top-rated dining and shopping, as well as being the hub of world-class micro breweries and wineries.
Apply Today! Application Deadline is November 4, 2022.
A full position description and an application form are available below. To apply please send a completed application, resume, and cover letter to 22055 S. Beavercreek Road, Suite 1, Beavercreek, OR 97004. You may also provide it electronically to District Manager Christopher Lapp at [email protected]
All application materials must be received by November 4, 2022 by 4:30 p.m.
The Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the District. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.