Please Note: Recruitment for this position is currently closed.
Join our organization as a Conservation Specialist!
Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District is offering an opportunity to begin a career in land conservation. We are looking for individuals who want to apply their passion for the land in rural Clackamas County. Our goal is to create a high-quality, career entry job experience for an emerging conservation leader.
This is a limited-duration, grant-funded position lasting two years with the possibility of renewal contingent on future grant awards.
Successful applicants will:
- Demonstrate an existing passion for a conservation career. Examples could include having/pursuing an academic degree in a conservation-related field; volunteer service; working for non-profit or other organizations with a conservation-related mission; and/or other similar background.
- Engage with small farm owners and rural residential property owners.
- Possess a strong desire to work outside in the field of natural resources.
- Gain experience and apply new skills and knowledge in working lands, native habitat restoration, and watershed health.
- Have the ability to learn about and identify native plants and apply skills to place, install and maintain them.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Possess willingness to collaborate with a team.
- Have strong initiative and ability to work independently as training progresses.
- Provide superior customer service to the public, landowners, partners, and CSWCD staff.
The primary focus for this position is on helping landowners, collaborating to successfully implement practices that protect water quality and conserve natural resources. The Conservation Specialist is expected to provide superior customer service and to represent the District in a professional manner.
Join the Clackamas SWCD Team!
Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District is a regional leader in conserving natural resources in Oregon. The District offers a competitive wage schedule and an excellent benefits package. The office is located in the Hamlet of Beavercreek, Oregon which is just 5 miles south of Oregon City.
Oregon City is the county seat of Clackamas County. It is an area rich in history as the end of the Oregon Trail and the state’s original capitol. We are located near the southern limits of metropolitan Portland. This area is home to a wide diversity of high-quality outdoor recreation opportunities. We also enjoy top-rated dining and shopping, as well as being the hub of world-class micro breweries and wineries.
Apply Today! Application Deadline is July 6, 2021
A full position description and an application form are available below. To apply please send a completed application, resume, and cover letter to 22055 S. Beavercreek Road, Suite 1, Beavercreek, OR 97004. You may also provide it electronically to District Manager Christopher Lapp at [email protected]
All application materials must be received by July 6, 2021 by 4:30 p.m.
The Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the District. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.