Join the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District at the 35th Annual Spring Garden Fair on Saturday and Sunday, May 4 and 5, 2019, at the Clackamas Event Center in Canby.
Each year, the Clackamas County Master Gardeners bring together over 100 vendors of annuals and perennials, vegetable and herbs, trees and shrubs, and everything in between. There are also specialty vendors with garden art, tools, compost, and more. This two day event has plenty of free attractions for gardeners of all ages.
Conservation Information and Native Plant Trailer
The District will have a display booth located in the 4-H Hall with information of interest to home gardeners and small farmers. Outside, be sure to stop by the beautiful Native Plant Trailer which holds over 40 different varieties of native plants in varying degrees of maturity. Native plants are essential for the health and well-being of our native birds, animals, and pollinators. This trailer is provided by the Clackamas County River Water Education Team, of which the District is an active partner.
Workshops, Children’s Activities, and More
Master Gardener sponsored activities include their 10-Minute University with short classes on gardening. Attendees can also visit the Ask a Master Gardener booths to get answers to garden questions.
Free pH soil testing is provided in the 4-H Hall which also houses partner displays and children’s activities. Don’t forget to check out the Garden Fair Raffle which gives away dozens of prizes each hour and the Silent Auction which features new plant introductions and favorites from local growers.
Returning Fair Favorites:
- The Potting Station with great deals on containers
- Plant Taxi’s with student volunteers towing for tips
- Free Plant Check will hold your purchases and you can even drive by to pick them up in your car!
- Food Court and Coffee Thyme – with covered or indoor seating available
- Greater Portland Iris Society will have their annual Early Show on Sunday, May 5th on the back porch of the Main Pavilion.
Admission is $5, but Parking is Free!
- WHERE: Clackamas County Event Center: 694 NE 4th Ave, Canby, Oregon 97013
- WHEN: Saturday, May 4, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, May 5 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- ADMISSION: $5.00, with under 16 free
- PARKING: FREE
For your convenience, ATM’s are available on site. Please remember that the fairground is a non-smoking facility, and no pets are permitted with the exception of service dogs.