The 2019 Clackamas County Fair is themed “Farm Fresh… Home Made… Home Grown…,” and the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District is geared up to engage children of all ages! Join us August 13 – 17, at the Clackamas Event Center in Canby. We are located on the main lawn, right by the Oregon Dairy Women’s ice cream booth.
What can you expect to see at our booth this year?
- How about a masterfully created Oregon white oak log tunnel that you and your family can explore inside and out! This recreation showcases our Oregon state tree and the marvelous creatures who depend on it for habitat.
- We’ll have underwear. That right! Our soiled underwear display demonstrates the results of our Cotton Brief Challenge. Come by and check out this unique display and learn about the importance of soil microbes and soil health.
- Come by and take the Weed ID Challenge. Test your knowledge of invasive weeds and boost your identification skills. More eyes on the ground help our teams’ Early Detection and Rapid Response efforts.
Visitors to Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District booth can also learn about:
- Invasive weed management
- Mud and manure management
- Oak habitat conservation and restoration
- Beneficial insects for home gardeners and commercial growers
- Equipment rental program
The 2019 Clackamas County Fair is an event we look forward to every year here at the District. It’s a wonderful opportunity for us to connect with County residents who might not know about our programs and resources. Many of our staff and elected board members have had long and deep ties to the Fair – from participating in 4-H to serving on the Fair Board! It’s a tradition we’re happy to continue and we hope you’ll come by and meet our knowledgeable and friendly staff!