Late winter is upon us and the watershed councils and their fabulous volunteers here in Clackamas County are hard at work!
This is the best time of year for planting native trees, shrubs, and ground cover. Watershed councils are terrific at mobilizing volunteers from their community to get a huge amount of work done. Volunteer events in late winter are focused on planting, but clean-up events, trail clearing, and invasive weed removal events are held throughout the year.
The Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District partners with watershed councils in our area by providing annual partnership support grants and other funding. Projects supported by the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District help to protect drinking water, reduce erosion, and protect native fish and wildlife. Together, we are protecting our natural resources for enjoyment today and for future generations!
Be a Watershed Volunteer!
Right now there is an event in a nearby community for you and your friends or family! Take a look at these upcoming opportunities. Space is often limited, so be sure to register today!
- Planting Day at Southern Lites Park, February 25, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – noon, Happy Valley
- Watershed Wide Event!, February 25, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. various sites
- Watershed Wide Event!, March 4, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – noon, Boring and Milwaukie locations
- Watershed Wide Event!, March 11, 2017, 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Happy Valley
- Estacada Earth Day Planting Party, April 22, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., Estacada
- Boutwell Creek Planting, March 4, 2017, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m., Lake Oswego
- Springbrook Creek Planting, March 18, 2017. 9:00 – 11:30 a.m., Lake Oswego
- Hallinan Creek Planting, March 25, 2017, 9:00 – 11:30 a.m., Lake Oswego
- Planting at the Sandy Salmon Confluence, March 15, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Sandy
- Wildwood Planting, March 18, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Welches
- Still Creek Restoration Planting, April 8, 2017, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Zigzag
Enjoy these photos from the February 11, 2017 Confluence Planting hosted by Clackamas River Basin Council!