It’s summer in Oregon, and that means it’s time to get outdoors and enjoy the sunshine! And while you’re at it, why not enjoy the miniature cows, the ice cream sundaes, and the giant salmon too!
That’s right! It’s time for the Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District Farm Social! Join us out at our Beavercreek Demonstration Farm on Saturday, July 9, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00p.m. for our FREE event that is sure to please young and old alike.
Guests will have an opportunity to enjoy:
- Delicious ice cream sundaes featuring Alpenrose ice cream (with a dairy-free option as well)
- A wide variety of kid’s activities that support nature and conservation
- Claudia Chinook – the popular and jaw-dropping 29-foot salmon
- Miniature Dexter cattle from our neighbors at Froggy Bottom Farms
- Live music from Molalla artists Fortune Takes Time
- Our iconic 100-year-old barn, entertaining photo opportunities, and more!
The District will also take advantage of this occasion to share information regarding office construction plans with people in the community. Architect Alan Costic of Architect Community will be on hand, along with District General Manager Tom Salzer and the District’s elected board of directors, to display and discuss design plans.
Farm Social guests will also have an opportunity to participate in a “Bean Poll” to help inform the District’s future decision about the old farm house currently on the property.
What: Clackamas SWCD Farm Social
When: Saturday, July 9, 2016
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Where: 22055 S. Beavercreek Rd.