We are seeking a WeedWise Program Specialist/Cooperative Weed Management Area Coordinator
Closing Date: All materials must be submitted to the District no later than 4:30 PM on June 24, 2014.
Position: The WeedWise Program Specialist is a full-time, at-will position that will assist with surveying and documenting priority invasive species, project planning and management, contacting landowners, and overseeing contracted weed control activities. The successful candidate will also assist with WeedWise Program activities and initiatives as required.
The WeedWise Program Specialist will also serve as the Coordinator for two Cooperative Weed Management Areas (CWMA) operating in the greater Portland metropolitan area (Four County CWMA), and in the Columbia River Gorge (Columbia Gorge CWMA) to support collaborative weed management partnerships. The CWMA Coordinator is responsible for administration of each CWMA, and will coordinate meetings, trainings, events, and outreach activities.
Minimum Qualifications: The minimum qualifications for the WeedWise Program Specialist are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, environmental science, weed science, natural resource management, or a related science, and three years of comparable experience working for a natural resource organization, agency, or business; or five years of comparable experience working for a natural resource organization, agency, or business; and
- Experience working with on-the-ground implementation of conservation practices associated with invasive species/native plant management; and
- Experience collecting field data and maintaining field notes; and
- Good oral and written communication skills; and
- A demonstrated proficiency using personal computers and field based technology; and
- Strong project management skills; and
- Must have a Public Pesticide Applicator’s License, or be willing to secure a license within three months of hire date.; and
- A demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office and ESRI ArcGIS; and
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
Wages and Benefits: The District offers a competitive wage and benefits package. The starting wage will be up to $19.23 per hour for this full time position.
How to Apply: Applicants must provide a cover letter, resume, and a completed District application form. All application materials are provided below or at the Clackamas County Soil and Water Conservation District office. We will accept electronic or regular mailed submissions only. No Faxes will be accepted.
Submit your application materials to:
Human Resource Department
Clackamas County Soil and Water Conservation District
ATTN: WeedWise Program Specialist
221 Molalla Ave, Suite 102
Oregon City, OR 97045
The Clackamas County Soil and Water Conservation District (CCSWCD) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by CCSWCD. CCSWCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.